- 9Minutes of study time
Entertainment in Europe
entertainments in Europe countries are very diverse and attractive. This continent has attractive entertainment for every kind of taste. From beautiful and clean beaches to exciting sports such as skiing, this continent is full of recreational attractions.
Celebrations and festivals
Every year, many festivals are held in Europe that every tourist can participate in. For example, you can enjoy the Edinburgh International Festival in August.
The Tomatina festival, which is held on the last Wednesday of August near the city of Valencia in Spain, is one of the entertainments of the European continent that brings thousands of people to Valencia every year. In this festival, people throw hundreds of tons of tomatoes at each other in a street fight. As a result of this incident, the Spanish city of Buñuel is completely covered with tomatoes.
In the city of Evora in northern Italy, the Orange War is held every year, which is a reminder of the popular uprisings in this city in the Middle Ages. Different teams that participate in this celebration go to war with oranges for three whole days. Of course, tourists can also participate in this celebration, but the responsibility of getting injured is with them.
Almost all European cities have unique architecture. An example is the Guggenheim Museum in Bilbao, which is one of the most famous museums in the world. Eiffel Tower, Orsay Museum, Sagrada Familia, Shard Tower and hundreds of other modern buildings are among the tourist attractions of Europe.
The sound of music is flowing throughout the continent of Europe. So, if you are a music lover, you can enjoy the performances of the Grand Opera of Venice to the big concerts held in churches or the music of Mozart, Verdi, Debussy, and Beethoven playing in the air during your trip to Europe.
One of the greatest pleasures of traveling to Europe is relaxing in a quiet and beautiful place and drinking a cup of coffee or tea and sweets. For this, you will find beautiful and wonderful coffee shops in Paris, Copenhagen, Madrid and Florence.
There are many shopping centers in Europe where you can see and buy the world’s best brands.
In Europe, there are some of the best indoor ski slopes in the world that you can use at any time.
Apart from the sea coast, Europe has some of the most beautiful lakes and rivers in the world. Swimming in clear and clean waters is one of the European continent’s pastimes, which has many fans. Of course, due to the cold weather, the best time to swim in most of the countries of this continent is summer.
Free entertainment in Europe
Although many entertainments in the green continent may be expensive for us, we will tell you how to enjoy the simple and free entertainments of this continent.
Some of these free entertainments are:
- Check out impressive architectural details across Spain.
- Join a free Vienna art walking tour.
- Watch a movie outdoors in Austria.
- Visit one of Dublin’s many free museums.
- Take a selfie with the guards of Buckingham Palace in England.
- Swim in the crystal-clear waters of Navagio Beach in Greece.
- Walk through the winding streets of Lisbon, the capital of Portugal.
- Practice the art of taking selfies in front of famous European landmarks and sights.
- Find the best free galleries in Germany.
- See all the fantastic sights of Prague, the capital of the Czech Republic.
- Go to the famous locations of the popular series “Game of Thrones” in Dubrovnik, Croatia and walk along the city walls.
- Take a free art walking tour of Reykjavík, Iceland’s capital, and soak up the beauty of the city’s streets.
There is suitable entertainment for all tastes in this continent, so you don’t have to worry about it.