- 13Minutes of study time
Essential travel information for traveling to Africa
Before traveling to Africa, you should know that this continent is very vast and it is not possible to compare all the countries of this continent. Some African countries such as Sudan and Somalia are very dangerous destinations for tourists and it is not wise to travel to these countries without a proper guide.
Africa has a very high biodiversity and with some of the largest mammals in the world, a trip to this continent without the presence of knowledgeable locals can be deadly.
Administrative corruption is very high in this continent, so it is better to bring all the necessary documents with you before traveling so as not to be a victim of extortion by corrupt government officials.
You may think that you are going to hot Africa, but on the contrary, you should take warm clothes. Yes! Africa can also be very cold.
Necessary supplies and equipment for travel
- Before traveling to Africa and touring most of its countries, it is better to have a backpack. In fact, it is better to check the luggage. This country is not suitable for bringing luggage at all, and with a backpack you don’t need to worry about your luggage getting lost.
- For the things you carry, the less, the better! Do not forget to take as few clothes as possible and choose clothes that can be easily washed and dried. They should also be light and do not wrinkle.
- Bring long sleeve shirts and long pants to protect yourself from the sun and bugs. It is better for women to wear appropriate clothes. Wearing very revealing clothes can be a problem in most African countries.
- Don’t forget sunscreen and a hat.
- Try to have biscuits or chocolates or snacks with you. Because you may arrive late at your hotel or accommodation while traveling to Africa.
- Having a book for idle times can be fun because power outages and cell phones running out of charge are very common on this continent.
- Take a headlight with you. Having a headlight is very useful in a continent with frequent power outages.
- Carry a small first aid kit with you. Medical facilities are poor in many countries of this continent. Also, it is very difficult to reach a doctor in the middle of nature.
Before traveling to the African continent, it is better to check your electronic devices and make sure they are healthy.
- To travel to the African continent, it is better not to take expensive smartphones with you. It is better to get a simple cheap phone or buy a phone with sim card from the shops you find around you when you enter Africa. Most companies in this continent provide you with free or very cheap SIM cards.
- If you want to take pictures, it is better to take a small camera with you. A camera that fits easily in your pocket. Picking up a second memory card for the camera would also be a smart move. What would be better if your camera was waterproof!
- Carry a USB with you to take the photos you want of other passengers.
- Take a cheap but waterproof watch with you. By removing the watch, you no longer need to take your phone out of your pocket to see the time.
- Take a power adapter with you If you’re not sure exactly where you’re traveling, take a universal adapter. If you pick up a tee, you can use it to charge multiple devices at the same time.
- Having a power bank is also very useful in this continent.
Money and valuables
- Leave your jewelry in a safe place at home before traveling to Africa. You will definitely not need jewelry while traveling to Africa.
- Never leave your money and credit cards in the same place. Try to use hidden pockets and keep your money and bank cards in separate pockets. Keep some money in your backpack. So that if you are robbed, at least you will have money somewhere else and not be helpless.
- Always be careful to carry enough cash in your pocket. To buy a souvenir in the middle of a market, you don’t have to open your whole backpack to take money.
Vaccines and food
- Eat as much local food as you can. In fact, the best options and the healthiest options can be the local foods of each region. Of course, get help from a guide in this way.
- Make sure you drink enough water throughout the day. Chances are you walk a lot and sweat a lot but don’t drink enough water. As a result, you may become dehydrated. Be very careful about this.
- Be sure to bring mosquito repellent with you. If you are traveling to countries where malaria is common, be sure to take basic precautions in advance.
- Check the vaccinations required for each country in Africa, especially yellow fever, and be sure to get them before you travel.
Recommendations for shopping in Africa
Before traveling to Africa, don’t forget that this continent and its kind people are among the poorest people on earth, so be open-minded and don’t haggle when shopping.
If you want to find better goods in African markets, you should go to the market early in the morning.
- Take toilet paper with you. Although one of the advantages of traveling to Africa is having new experiences, sometimes a little hygiene gives you peace. Also, if you think of another sanitary device that you will need, put it in your backpack to be surer.
- Try to get insurance for luggage, flights and medical drugs.
- Try to make several copies of all the important documents that you carry with you. Having an official or certified copy is not a bad idea either.
- Pay attention to the expiration date of the visa and other documents.
- Let go of fear and travel to this amazing continent without judgment.
- Negative news about the black continent is always more than positive news, while based on the experience of tourists, this continent is a unique and sweet experience in the field of travel and tourism.